Sunday, August 13, 2006

The rebirth of a dream.....

Good evening everyone, and thank you for taking valuable time from your lives to check out this blog. Come on in, relax and make yourself at home while you read this post. Since it's so late on a Sunday night I'll only offer you a snack, but browse around and find what you like. ( :-D )
Ok, Ok...I'll explain the title. I'm finally going to have the opportunity to began doing some traveling again. It's long been a passion of mine, taking trips to different places, seeing different things, meeting different people. Of course, sometime I make return trips when the experience of the trips warrants it. For many years I looked forward to doing a bit of traveling, but for various and sundry reasons wasn't able to do so. Now, with my children grown and independent, my finances in somewhat better shape and being alone again I have that opportunity once again. Beginning the third week of next month I'll be off to Northern Ohio and Southern Michigan. My Mom and two of her sisters are going along to visit with the sister they have close to Toledo. After staying there a couple of days I'll venture forth and do some sightseeing. I'm even (I hope) going to cross over into Canada, thus adding another country to the list of countries I've been to. I am certainly looking forward to the trip. Then, in October my brother Jerry and I are heading out to Virginia to visit with Jerry's son Jason. While there we're talking about taking a couple of days and going into D.C. and poke around there a bit. Another trip I'm looking forward to. Then, in November, I'm heading south to Jacksonville, FL. For a day or two. (with maybe a stopover in Savannah, who knows) Since I used to live in Jacksonville there is much I want to see. After that couple of day stop I'm off further south to sunny south Florida. I'm going to stay a little while with my nephew Brad and his lovely life Amanda. (I'd better clue them in to the visit, huh?) I'm betting things have changed a bit since I moved away from there in nineteen fifty eight, ya think? After that head north making stops in various places to see cousins along the way. The trip back is probably going to take three to four days. What fun!!! This is a dream I've long had, to be able to take some trips, now God has blest me with the privledge to do so. Ok, Ok! I'll stop talking about it. At least for now. You can believe this....I'm more thankful than I can say for this chance. If I were a nice guy I'd invite you along but...I'm not that nice. ( :-D ) ..........And so it goes...........

1 comment:

Dawn (of Course)! said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I was gonna ask ya if i could go withya!! (lol)