Sunday, April 08, 2007

The Easter of the broken heart........

Good afternoon everyone. Yes, I'm actually posting this chapter in the afternoon instead of the evening. Go figure! ( :-D ) This will be a short chapter, as I'm going to do something I very rarely do. I'm going to talk a bit about me. I don't talk about me very much, preferring instead to listen to others. I won't, therefore, offer any refreshment since you'll be through reading this before you could finish a drink.
Today would be, if she were living, Yvonne's birthday. (Yvonne was my wife) I'm remembering with a broken heart the ten years we had together that were so great. I'm also remembering with a broken heart the other years we had in which she degenerated into mental illness. I won't go into detail. It was a time of great confusion since I didn't know what was happening. I only knew that she was steadily changing and didn't know why. As I look back I grieve her life. A life so vibrant, and yet a life so tragic. She was the love of my life then and I don't understand anymore now than I did then what happened or why. I just try to accept it. I work at that daily. So, here I sit, with a life full of love to give and no one to give it to. One of life's little ironies, huh? She'd have been fifty six today if she were still here. Happy birthday Von! .........And so it went............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Von doesn't want you to dwell on the past and worry about her mental disease. She is with God and rid of all worries. Von wants you and your girls to be happy with your lives on earth and she will see you someday in Heaven. No one can cause mental illness or can detect it when it comes on so slowly. Von didn't know what was happening to her either so how can anyone be blamed for anything. Von wants you to go on and take care of you and your children and grandchildren and be happy every minute every day. Earth satisfaction doesn't really matter because when we are in Heaven there is no comparison and we will look back and say what was the deal! Mike be happy every minute, every hour, every day, every month, every year, and every century. You only deserve this because you are one of the sweetest, kindest and caring individuals I have ever meet. Go out every day and suck in every breath of life you can.