Friday, October 06, 2006

Ty

Good evening everyone. Welcome once again to this blog. Go ahead and make yourselves at home. Kick back and relax. I'll get you're drinks and some snacks while you peruse this post.
This post this evening is about someone very special to me and just plain very special in every way. I'm guessing that you've figured out who it is from the title, right? Ty (that's short for Tymon) is my eight year old grandson. Oh yeah, he just reminded me that he's going to be nine in less than two weeks. I recall how important that is when one is eight, almost nine. Ty just happens to be the image of my brother Dennis. You remember, I posted about him several months ago, about his life and his death at the age of seventeen. The older Ty gets the more he looks like Dennis and has so very many of the same characteristics. Now, at this point, I'm going to adknowledge that I'm a bit predisposed to being super proud of Ty. That said and out of the way I'll continue. Ty is a very handsome and very intelligent young boy. He is a thinker and tends to be kind and gentle and tender hearted. When faced with something that he doesn't understand he first takes some time to think through what he does know, then asks the most intelligent questions. An example is, when studying electricity in school he would sit and think for a long period of time, then he'd come to me and ask questions that I found to be remarkable. The questions would have been average for a freshman in college. I'd then go over electrical theory, concentrating on the questions he'd ask. I would marvel at his curiosity and hunger to learn everything he could. As a companion, someone to spend time with and do things with, he is once again remarkable. Always very polite and considerate of the feelings of those around him. Opening the door so those entering or departing through the door could pass through first. At eight years of age he has learned, among other things, all of the books of the Bible in the correct order. (this without singing them) I suppose you can tell by now how proud I am of Ty and rightfully so. I see God doing great things in Ty's life as he gets older and am proud and thankful to be a very close part of such a wonderful work in progress! I'm going to be posting about the other grandchildren as time goes on. ............And so it goes...........

2 comments:

Dawn (of Course)! said...

I suspect that ty has traits similar to his grandfather as well. Instilled by a family with strong Christian Faith.

You are all very blessed.

Dawn (of Course)! said...

Raise up a child in the way that he should go.............