Thursday, November 30, 2006

Maggie........

Good evening everyone. I know I've been missed so I won't ask if I have. ( :-D ) Since it's late and the kitchen has been cleaned I'm not going to offer refreshments, but you're welcome to supply your own. At any rate, pull up a chair, sit back and take in another chapter.
I've stated in past posts that I am indeed a very blessed man. Blessed, I might add, beyond what I deserve. Tonight, I talk about one of those blessings. Her name is Maggie and she's my oldest granddaughter, being ten and a half years of age. (let us not forget the half) She and her youngest brother are here visiting with me for a few days. I'm not sure I could handle Brody if Maggie were't here, so thanks Maggie. More on Brody later. Now, more on Maggie. The older Maggie gets the prettier she gets. As she grows physically she also is becoming more and more of a little lady. Also as she grows on the outside she is growing at a remarkable rate spiritually. Maggie is, without doubt, the most kind hearted and gentle young lady I know. She reminds me greatly of her Mom when her Mom was that age. Maggie is someone you just love to be around. Partly because she's just very likeable. Partly because she has just a gentle spirit and soul. Partly because she has so much compassion. I've thought the last few days about this post and how I was going to put it all down in print. The one thing one has to look out for with Maggie is the depth of the questions she poses from time to time. Sometime the questions she asks require that I give considerable thought about how to answer. The depth of the questions she asks gives me great pride in her intellect and the decernment God has put in her heart. It also tends to keep my on my toes as I endouver to give the best answer I can, and hopefully the right one. One of the things I look forward to is watching Maggie grow from the ten year old she is now to the woman of God she is to become. Watching God use the gentleness and Love that she has so much of to His own purpose. Just a bit about why I'm so greatly blessed ............And so it goes..........

No comments: