Friday, February 16, 2007

The gospel according to.......John, Paul, George and Ringo???

Good Morning all. I'm glad you all are taking the time to read this, another chapter in the continuing saga of Mike's blog. Since it's eighteen degrees outside, and I'm still chilled to the bone from having worked outside yesterday (it barely made it to freezing) I'm offering a limited menu of beverages. There are four choices: coffee or chocolate or coffee or chocolate. You pick which of the four you'd like. :-D Anyway, the most important thing is that you stay warm and relaxed as your read and enjoy.
The posting of this chapter finds us on to something else. Something that everyone has experience with, or has experienced in the past. For some it's been a wonderful and life changing thing, for others it's ranged from mildly bad to horrible. In spite of the experience though, we all crave and demand it. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure any of us could live without it. The irony is though, most don't even know what it truly is. As JL, PM, GH and RS sang "all you need is Love". Well...not 'all' you need. When I was nineteen and just married, my teenage bride and I tried living off of Love. We both lost a lot of weight we didn't need to lose, but I'd highly recommend the diet. Very effective and the most fun of any diet I've heard of. Anyway, my way of saying, there is more to life than Love but I can think of nothing more essential. It ranks right up there with water and food. In this, and subsequent postings, I'd like to talk a bit about Love. It's source, it's promise, what it is, the fulfilling effect it has on our lives and it's potential effects, both positive and/or negative. I suppose one could call this chapter a 'tease' because I'm stopping here. I will though, in the next day or so begin posting on this. I'd be happy to have you join me in the journey. ..........And so it goes.........

2 comments:

Dawn (of Course)! said...

what happened to the bottled water?

Dawn (of Course)! said...

yer such a tease! (hehe) I am looking forward to your thoughts on love.
Betcha God and Jesus are in there somewhere.