Friday, April 21, 2006

Learning how to not be a Frog.......

Good Evening. I'm pleased and happy that you've taken time from your busy life to drop in and catch up on the latest in this man's blog. I sincerely hope that when you finish reading you're life will have been made somehow better. Without further ado let us get to it.
I was thinking today about the learning process that I embarked on years ago as a child. Some of those things learned are numerous and are imperative to living life. They include things we rarely give thought to, such as potty training, tying shoes, table manners and the list goes on and on. This blog isn't about those things. Yes, we do take them for granted and yes, they are important. The things I'm speaking of though seem to be sorely lacking in the lives of many people of both genders. Things such as knowing how to Love as unconditionally as is humanly possible. Also things like how to be respectful to others and, yes, even ourselves. Another thing is trust. Wow! Let's dwell briefly on these things before we move on to another. Love, Respect and Trust. How we all desire those in our lives, both to give and to receive. They are an essential in any healthy relationship. That of parent to child, sibling to sibling, friend to friend and of course, spouse to spouse, and that list goes on and on almost to infinity. The lack of one or more of these are the reason for the end of every most marriages and/or relationship. You see, most if not all of us only focus on only half of the equation. (wow, now I'm sounding like a mathematician) We are each, of course, responsible for giving those things in the appropriate time and way, but our part is certainly not finished there. It is also up to us to make it possible, and yes, even easier for those around us to give the Love, Respect and Trust. If our live style makes it hard for others to be loving, respectful and trusting toward us then we're missing the mark and making it harder on those in our lives. So, the question we should ask ourselves is not only am I loving, respectful and trusting, but do I make it the easiest I can for those in my life to give me those things? Is it a hard work for them to give those things to me? Am I gracious in the giving and receiving of them? These are questions we can all ask ourselves regularly, and not only ourselves but those in our lives. O.K. An end of this post. I appriciate your patience in waiting for me to post this. I know some have been sitting for days in front of your computer screen waiting. Just a little joke. (very little) ......and so it goes........

1 comment:

Dawn (of Course)! said...

mike

i hope that you and mom are doing better

d.