Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Celebration of life.....

Good Evening. Yep, I'm back to evening posts, at least for a little while. At least I'm posting and that's a lot. My grandson, Brendan, ask today why I hadn't been posting. I didn't know what to tell him except that I'd been extraordinarily busy with life. Some good stuff too. Very soon I'm going to begin once again taking some trips. I have a passion for traveling. I love to see new places, meet new people and experience new things. It's just plain fun. I'm thinking of buying a pull behind camper and taking some camping trips. Wow, what fun! Ok, Ok, on to something else. I did attend the funeral of my uncle as a pall bearer. It was tough but I made it through ok. Watching the grief of those attending the funeral I was reminded of just how precious life is. Whether we know it or not and admit it or not it certainly is. I find myself at this point in my life looking forward to life each morning. Looking forward to learning something, or making a new friend, or having a brand new experience, etc. Wow, what a chance to live! What a chance to impact someone's life in a positive way. What a chance to bring some happiness to the lives of those we love. After the bring of that happiness we can go about our own lives with gratitude and thankfulness for having had the opportunity. A for instance is, I had a chance to give Maggie (a granddaughter) a stereo. It wasn't a super one, it wasn't "state of the art" but it's very pretty and functions very well. Oh yeah, it has a great sound too. She is, to put it mildly, ecstatic. What a joy to me to have the opportunity to bring some happiness to a life, even though it's already filled with happiness. Anyway, enough of tooting my own horn.
My point is....Keep a vigilante lookout at those in your life for an opportunity to enrich it. Don't, in the process of life, miss the chance to do that same thing to someone you don't know and may never see or meet again. Ok, enough. Oh yeah, one more thing. I just today celebrated the thirtieth anniversary of my twenty seventh birthday. ........And so it goes......

1 comment:

Dawn (of Course)! said...

Happy Birthday to you.......
You live in a ...............ooopss!!!!

Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday dear mi-ike.......
Happy Birthday to you!!!

:-)