Sunday, May 21, 2006

Departures (3rd in the series)

Good Afternoon all. It's Sunday and I've reached a goal. I've lived through one week and started another. Hooray for me! It was a good but busy week and I'm looking forward to this coming week. Lots to do and lots of people to help, but much joy in the process of living. Yea! For life and living. I'm continuing a theme of posting that I'd abandoned for quite a while. It has been a week of contemplation for me. Last Friday (the 19th) marked eighteen years since my Dad's death. I happened to drive by the hospital He was in when He died and began to remember the last occasion I had to see him and spend time with him. We all knew his death was imminent but that didn't take away the sting of losing him. I never seem to go through a day that I don't consciously recall something or many somthings that he taught me, either by deliberate teaching or simply by example. Let me simply say here that there is nothing I could say to give him the Honor he deserves. I didn't know the last time I spent time with him that it would be our last departure. It's probably a good thing too because I don't believe I could have left his bedside. The afternoon He passed away I was supposed to spend the night at his side taking care of him. I wish I'd had the opportunity to go. It's one of two of the sadest departure I can ever recall in my life. The other I'll talk more about later. ........and so it went......

No comments: