Tuesday, May 16, 2006

How to be the best frog possible....

Good Evening. I can see you all sitting and waiting in great anticipation for this post. I acknowledge that it's a few days late and I apologize all the way from my toes.
Let me first update everyone on my friend Pete. I went Saturday and cut his lawn, etc. He is indeed home from the hospital and doing very well. He's had very few problems but his family is having quite a difficult time. The difficulty comes with Pete. He doesn't want to stay still. They're having to watch him because He wants to get up and do things. He is allowed to walk but with a walker. If he's out of sight though He'll pick up his walker and carry it. He is quite a character and a wonderful friend, both to me and in years past to my Dad.
Ok, for those out there that aspire to be a frog I'm going to give you some input. Let me first acknowledge that we all from time to time tend to have frogy tendencies. This isn't for you. It's for those that are lifelong frogs. This list could go on for quite a long time, so I'll just hit a few now and cover more later. Let's start with a characteristic that is quite prevailent in todays world. It's called 'selfishness'. The dictionary defines selfish as " an act of total regard for one's own desires to the exclusion of what others want". To carry this a bit further, a selfish lifestyle is " to be consumed with one's own wants and desires while being completely unconcerned with the needs of others". Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a giant step toward complete frogdom. There are, of course, other attributes that go toward the making of a perfect frog. Those we'll get into later. The flipside of that is to be looking as we go through life for those around us that have needs. Not only looking for them but reaching out to them in whatever way we can. Let me say here, that if that's the way you do things you are not a good frog. Now a word to those that have a frog in their lives in some capacity or other. Just as physically kissing a green toad will not turn it into a prince/princess, neither will figuritively kissing a 'frog' turn him/her into anything other than what they choose to be. Now a question for you to ponder for a while. Can one truly be a Christian and at the same time be a frog? I have another question but I'll save it for later. For those frogs out there reading this I will tell you that there is a way to change from your 'frogginess' to something infinately better. To find that out though, you're gonna have truly want to know the answer. ...........and so it goes.........

3 comments:

Dawn (of Course)! said...

YOU!!! my dear sweet friend are a horrible frog! (lol)

Kar said...

I like how you put it about figuratively kissing a 'frog' not changing them unless they choose to. That is such a neat way of putting it. It's so true. Some things in life--the real, important ones, I think--you have to do for yourself. I'd also say after this past yr, you getto do them. I love the fact that we all get to experience living real, valuable lives if we want to. Life does not have to be a spectator sport--it gets to be waaay better than that! Better than any adventure book about somebody else (written by humans, at least).

Your frog analogy reminds me so much of a really neat song my younger sis showed me this past year. I don't know much about the band, but I bet you'd like the lyrics to this one song--"Princes and Frogs". 'Course, I think it applies to girls as much as guys--we are both quite capable of "frogginess." :)

Thanks for taking the time to encourage me. Cos you did--a lot. :)

Kar said...

P.S.-- It didn't take you straight to the song like I meant it to--so if you scroll down to the almost-bottom of the page I gave you, it's under the last highlight bar that says "Other Songs". (I don't know anything about the site but I think it's okay--aside from plenty of annoying pop-ups--but I don't know a better way to find lyrics than these kinds of sites. Maybe you do? Sorry.)