Monday, May 01, 2006

My friend Pete....

A cheery good evening to everyone. Welcome and relax while I whip up some more mint juleps. A short post tonight about a friend of mine. His name is Pete ( but I bet you've already figured that out, huh ) Pete is now eighty four and is going into the hospital in the morning for his second colon cancer surgery in two years. Needless to say, he's scared. He and I have a bit of a history. When he was a younger man (actually before I was born) He and my Dad played semi-pro baseball on the same team. That was before the time of the professional team owners having 'farm teams'. From what Pete says, the only thing that kept both of them out of the pros was world war II. I suppose that changed a lot of plans of a lot of people. Anyway, back to Pete. His wife, Charlene is her name, has the beginning stages of alzheimers. Pete has three children that can and will look after Charlene but he had no one to take care of his lawn. To make a long story short, I'll be taking care of things for him. Let me say at this point that it's an honor for him to ask that of me and I'm honored and privledged to have the opportunity. I'll post more on Pete when I hear how things went. .........And so it goes.........

No comments: