Thursday, January 05, 2006

Memories (both good and bad)

I'M BACK.....ya'll can stop holding your breath now. Here is another installment to thrill and amaze. :-)
In this edition I'd like to talk about memories. We all have 'em and we all need 'em. As we live our lives we build a system of memories whether we want to or not. As we get older those memories become more and more valuable because they keep us connected to who we once were, those we once knew, and events from our past that define us as we are now. I've been giving thought to the memories that I have collected over the years. Some are precious and some are nightmarish. Some are thought of fondly and some with trepadation. One memory I have that has a bit of both is the life and death of some one many years ago. He was my buddy, best friend as well as my brother. His name was Dennis. How do I describe him? I can't really. We did everything together and were pretty much inseperable. I remember his life with more fondness than I can describe and his death at 17 years of age with grief, even after 42 years. It's one of those memories that has defined, to a degree, who I am. Anyway...enough babbling. I'll let all of you get back to holding your breath. I'll be back with another installment on Monday (I hope). Meanwhile I'm going on a photography weekend with David. He's gonna hunt...I'm gonna take some fantastic photos. See ya in a few days...........................

3 comments:

Crissy said...

I love to read your thoughts. And you were not babbling!

Unknown said...

Me you, and Mr. David need to go hunting again that was fun!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

Dad, you are one awesome guy. I LOVE YOU!!!